These Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe is a great hunger breaker.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
*Make smaller cookies with a small dough scoop (yields 48 cookies).
½ a cup of vegetable shortening
½ cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ a teaspoon of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
85 grams of dark chocolate bar, chopped
1 cup of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!