Prep time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes to chill dough
Bake time: 8-10
Yields 24 cookies
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of brown sugar
½ a cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
3½ cups of quick oats
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
½ a teaspoon of baking powder
½ a teaspoon of baking soda
¼ of a teaspoon of salt
1 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Stir in raisins until combined.
- Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal-sized balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches between balls of dough. Press balls down with the bottom of a glass.
Tip: To keep the dough from sticking to the glass, wet the bottom of the glass before pressing down on the dough.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.