You can spend hundreds of dollars on high end, organic, clean, and simple beauty products to enhance your skin, hair, nails, and more. Most of these fancy beauty treatments all have one thing in common: they advertise using organic ingredients without harsh chemicals or other unfavourable additives.
Umm… So why pay hundreds of dollars for beauty treatments you can EASILY make at home?
Won’t homemade beauty products actually be even better for you? They are fresher, pure, natural and contain no preservatives!
Seriously. It’s that easy. If you ask most women why they don’t make their own homemade beauty products, their answer is shocking:
They just don’t know how!
Well, those days are over! We are about to break down the best natural, homemade treatments for your eyes, skin and hair. Once you understand WHY they work and HOW to make them, you have to try it at least once. Chances are you will become an instant convert.
First up, the best homemade beauty treatment for your eyes:
Try this cream to get rid of dark circles under the eyes, fine lines and even wrinkles.
- What you need:
- 100% vitamin E oil
- Evening primrose oil
- Organic coconut oil
- Small, seal-able glass container
- It’s easy! Add in your small, seal-able container mix half a tablespoon of vitamin E and primrose oil. Next, add in one tablespoon of organic coconut oil. If your coconut oil has solidified, simply heat it up in the microwave for 5 seconds, then add to the mixture.
- Seal your container and shake it, baby.
- Stick it in your fridge for 10 minutes to solidify the oils.
- Use a q-tip or cotton ball to dab cream on eyes morning and night. Lightly dab onto your eyelids and under eyes as well, to treat both wrinkles and dark circles.
IMPORTANT: Always dip a q-tip or cotton ball into the mixture and then apply to your eyes. Sticking your fingers into the container can contaminate your solution and cause bacteria to grow, which could actually cause blemishes and skin irritation.
How does this eye oil work?
Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids, aka triglycerides. When applied to the skin, it helps smooth the area and lock in moisture. It also contains 3 other types of fatty acids, Capric, Caprylic and acid, which are antimicrobial and prevent infections (blemishes) from forming on the skin.
Primrose oil plumps and moisturises your skin. It is high in omega-6 essential fatty acids (which the body doesn’t produce on its own and needs to obtain from an external source). Besides enhancing beauty, it is also trusted as a natural remedy to treat eczema, psoriasis, and scarring.
Vitamin E is a long-standing and well-established ingredient that is fantastic for your delicate eye skin because it acts as both a nutrient as well as an antioxidant. It nourishes the skin while also neutralising free radicals.
All 3 of these oils are powerful beauty boosters and light and gentle enough to apply on the eye area without the risk of causing any irritation.
One of the tastier homemade beauty products for your skin:
A face mask that tastes yummy! – Literally!
- What you need:
- 1 organic avocado
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey
- Add all to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Place a warm rag on your face for 1 minute to open pores and remove any dirt.
- Apply the mask on your skin; let it work for one hour.
- Gently remove with warm water and gentle circular motions.
- Do this as often as you want, especially before a big event!
How does this mask even work?
This mask is packed full of moisture which hydrates the skin and plumps it up – temporarily filling in any wrinkles.
Avocado is a great fatty moisturiser. It also contains many antioxidant carotenoids, which protect and repair your skin from environmental damage.
Blueberries are ACE… they contain critical vitamins A, C, and E, which all nourish the skin. They also act as a toner and brighten up your face.
Raw honey is another excellent antimicrobial, as well as a great moisturiser. It fights blemishes and also calms and cools the skin (pro tip: use honey on any burns – from the sun or the kitchen. It calms and soothes!).
Last but certainly not least, the best treatment for your hair… It will make you go bananas!
- What you need:
- 1 organic banana
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, mush up, and mix until only small lumps remain.
- Apply to clean, dry hair.
- Wrap up into a shower cap, or use plastic wrap.
- Let sit for one hour.
- Thoroughly rinse out with just hot water (no shampoo).
- Rinse one more time with cold water, close off all open hair shafts and seal in moisture.
- Repeat weekly to maintain smooth, shiny, frizz-free hair.
How does this deep conditioner work?
Organic banana has vitamin C, antioxidants and its texture is easily absorbed by hair, allowing dull, dry hair to become instantly moisturised. It can also help calm a dry, itchy scalp.
Olive oil also offers deep hydration, naturally. It smooths frizz and reduces split ends.
Coconut milk contains nutritious oils and fats, which nourish and strengthen your hair. The protein in coconut milk also works to stimulate hair follicles and help encourage more hair growth.
So do the groceries and start cooking your own homemade beauty products in your kitchen!