This gorgeous, delicious cranberry-pear sauce with rosemary and ginger sauce is sure to be a hit this holiday season!
It is super quick and easy to make and does not include any refined sugar.
Instead, it gets its sweetness naturally from ripe pears and a touch of real maple syrup.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at store-bought cranberry sauce the same.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes, plus 15-20 minutes to cool
350 grams of fresh cranberries
2 medium ripe pears, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves, finely diced
3 tablespoons of real maple syrup
¾ of a cup of water
Sea salt, to taste
- Add cranberries, pear, ginger, rosemary leaves, maple syrup, and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to boil and the cranberries burst open, approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. While cooking, mash the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 15-20 minutes before checking the consistency. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce, if desired.
- Optional: For a smoother sauce, blend one-half of the cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir puree back into the remaining sauce before serving.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.