Skin tanning is nothing but the process of darkening or tanned skin, mainly due to skin exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. Skin tanning can also result from the use of some chemical products. Human skin needs to be exposed to the sun to produce Vitamin D in the body, which is also advised. But excessive exposure to the sun has adverse effects on health, resulting in skin burns, skin tanning, or skin cancer.
Some people complain about tanned skin due to exposure to the sun. It’s not easy to bring the skin back to a normal state, but patience and good care can get the tanned skin back to a normal stage. Most people will go for quick bleaching sessions or use chemical-infused cosmetic products to instantly remove tanned skin, which may have side effects on the body. But there are many simple home remedies to remove the tanned skin by using natural ingredients which also soothes and nourishes the skin.
Causes and Symptoms of Bad Skin Tanning
Skin tanning is a result of excessive exposure of skin to sun rays. Skin tanning occurs on the body parts exposed to the sun, such as arms, face, neck and legs. It’s also caused due to some chemical products.
The only symptom of skin tanning is that the body parts exposed to the sun, such as arms, face, neck, and legs, become darker than other body skin colors.
Remedies for Bad Skin Tanning
- Extract 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice, mix it with one tablespoon of lime juice and add a turmeric powder pinch. Mix it well and apply this to the tanned skin. Leave this mixture for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Apply this homemade pack every day after sun exposure. Instead of turmeric powder, you can also use rose water or milk, whichever is easy for you.
- You can also rub a freshly cut cucumber on the tanned skin.
Take some chilled yogurt in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Mix it well and directly apply this mixture on the tanned skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Later, wash it with cold water earlier during the winter season as it dries faster.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has citric properties, which help to bleach the skin naturally and eliminate tanning skin.
- You can apply few drops of raw lemon juice directly onto the tanned skin and let it dry for few minutes. Later, wash it with cold water.
- Get some fresh lemon juice and put in some sugar, and mix it well. Apply this mixture to the affected area and clean it after few minutes with cold water. For dry skin, you can mix few drops of glycerin in this pack.
4. Wheat Flour
Wheat flour eliminates the tanned skin and helps improve skin tone and fade away dark spots.
- You need to make a paste from 2 tablespoons of wheat flour by adding some water to it. Do not make the paste too thick. Apply this paste like a face pack and let it dry for 20 minutes. Later, wash it with water.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a trendy remedy for all skin problems to solve. Extract the gel from Aloe Vera and apply it to the affected area before going to bed. In the morning, wash it with water. This will also cleanse and nourish the skin.
Take a tomato and cut it into two halves. Get the inner side of the tomato and rub it on the tanned skin area so that the pulp, seeds and juice of the tomato come in contact with the skin. Let it for few minutes and clean the skin with water. This helps to get rid of tanned skin.
Using potatoes for tanned skin treatment is a very effective home remedy. It has bleaching properties that help to reduce skin tanning from the sun.
- You can cut the potato into two halves. Rub the inner side of the potato on the tanned skin area and let it for few minutes and clean the skin with water. This helps to get rid of tanned skin. Do this daily to see results.
- Or you can peel off the skin of a potato, cut them into chunks and put them in a blender to make a paste. Then apply this paste all over the tanned skin and let it dry for 30 minutes. Then, rinse it with cold water.
Sandalwood is a common beauty product. You can take an equal amount of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder and mix it well with water. Make a paste from the ingredient and apply it to the affected area. Let the mixture on your skin for 30 minutes and wash it with cold water. Do this at least twice a week.
Take ½ cup of ripe papaya pulp and mash it nicely. Now, add a tablespoon of honey to it and mix it well. Apply this to your face and dry for 30 minutes. Then later, wash it with cold water. Papaya eliminates the tanned skin and helps for skin renewal, whitening, exfoliation, and restoration.
10. Orange Juice
Orange is rich in Vitamin C, helping the skin to fight against blemishes. So take a tablespoon of orange juice and mix it with one tablespoon of yogurt and mix it well. Apply the orange juice mixture on the tanned skin and let it sit for 30 minutes. Later, rinse it with water.
11. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has oil content properties that will help you to protect yourself from skin tanning from the sun. So daily, apply coconut milk on your face and rinse it with water after few minutes.
Do’s and Don’ts of Skin Tanning
- Do not overexpose your skin to sunlight for a long time. Always try to cover your skin with a cotton cloth.
- Always apply a good sunscreen lotion before going out to protect your skin from the sun.
- It’s always good if you drink a lot of water as water will provide enough moisture to the skin.
- It is essential to know that skin tanning is a problem that takes time to heal. Therefore, the rare application of these natural remedies is not enough, and they have to be incorporated into your daily skincare routine for effective results depending upon your health constraints.